Martland & Saulnier has been established as a prominent criminal law firm in BC. Regularly receiving referrals from large national firms, our thorough, academic-styled practice is recognized as being vigorous and effective.
Clients in Vancouver and across the Lower Mainland trust our results-driven approach to protect their rights and defend their cases.
A strong tradition of excellence
The lawyers at Martland & Saulnier have extensive experience acting as defence counsel on cases such as:
- Appeals to the Supreme Court of Canada
- The Robert Pickton Trial
- The Frank Paul Inquiry
- The Cohen Commission of Inquiry
- The Air India trial
- The Surrey Six murder trial
We are frequently called upon to chair or speak at conferences as well as present to law students and other groups.
Protecting our clients’ interests
Since its inception, our firm’s priority has always been the people that we serve. With every case that we defend, our focus is on putting forward high-calibre options and strategies tailored to suit the individual. We take the time to understand your goals and use every resource at our disposal to work towards a favourable outcome. When required, we will call on the expertise of investigators, forensics specialists, foreign lawyers, and other qualified individuals for assistance.
Our lawyers possess a diverse range of skills and qualifications. Some of our achievements include:
- Member of West Coast LEAF (Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund) law and policy committee
- Founding member and director of the Criminal Defence Advocacy Society
- Past co-chair of the Canadian Bar Association’s International Assistance Committee
- Former president of the Advocates Club
- Current executive board member of the Canadian Bar Association Criminal Justice Subsection
Contact Us Today
Take the first step by calling 604-687-6278 or email us to schedule your initial consultation.